We acknowledge and appreciate that our business activities impact on the communities in which we operate. Corporate Social Responsibility to Peter Duffy Limited means behaving responsibly and dealing with suppliers who do the same.
We are committed in our mission:
- To have a safe and sustainable business
- To provide an excellent service
- To be the first choice for every client
Our mission will be best achieved when we consistently act within an ethical framework that enables us to be a good “corporate citizen”. This ethical framework is supported by the commitment to our Vision and Values.
Our Vision is:
- Safety, health and the environment being our highest priorities;
- The service we provide must be a service where our customers want to come back to us the next time;
- Our People are our business. We develop our people so that they have the skills and competences to meet these expectations; and
- Profitability. We will be profitable if we work safely and productively, provide an excellent service, minimise waste and get it right first time
Our core Values are key to the culture of Peter Duffy Limited and this document defines the basic principles, ethics and values that guide us in our business conduct. We consider it critical that we work in accordance with our values to maintain our reputation and our relationship of trust with our workforce, customers, suppliers and the community.
We want to succeed as a business in alliance with the communities in which we operate.
We will therefore:
- Strive to be a good neighbour
- Engage in a constructive dialogue and wherever possible work in partnership with the community
- Make available our fleet and transport to support various community events
- Work with the local community to develop skills, education and training
- Continue to work with JCP on Skills Academy programmes offering employment opportunities to long term unemployed local people
- Respect and acknowledge local cultural and religious needs
- Seek opportunities for involvement in the community through educational programmes, charity and voluntary work, for example: supporting local children’s sports teams with kit sponsorship; working with local schools and FE colleges in providing access to the world of work and employee fundraising activities for local and national charities
- Respond promptly to enquiries from interested parties and provide relevant information regarding our activities
We aim to be employer of choice in our type of business.
To meet this aim we will:
- Provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with the emphasis on the well being of our employees
- Treat employees in accordance with our values, ensuring that dignity and respect are enshrined in our working practices and the way we behave towards each other
- Encourage continuing professional and personal development
» With more that 75% of our leaders and managers either completing or having recently completed a professional management qualification
- Maintain clear disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Our people are our business and influence the delivery of our service with our clients and customers, to ensure competence we provide a significant training resource to ensure current best practice and certification is available for our employees
- Promote and encourage consultation and the involvement of employees in the determination and direction of our working practices
We aim to be recognised as a business that values a diversity of backgrounds and use the variety of ideas, perspectives and skills available within society to strengthen our business and cement its place within the community.
- Maintain our recognition as a disability confident employer which confirms our people policies and practices encourage diversity and inclusion
- Ensure our policy on equality is rigorously implemented at all levels within the company
- Encourage recruitment practices that ensures our workforce reflects the communities in which we work
- Work within a framework of zero tolerance of discrimination on any grounds
- Where possible, seek to use small businesses in our supply chain that reflect the diversity of the community
Our core Values are:
- Respect – treating people as we would want to be treated, with respect and patience
- Accountability – every employee must recognise their responsibilities and be accountable for their actions
- Collaboration – the company and its employees have a duty to work together
- Quality – getting it right first time
We will conduct our business legally, honourably and ethically.
At all times we will:
- Trade and compete fairly never obtaining or maintaining business through illegal conduct
- Not tolerate any employee of the company offering, soliciting or receiving any form of bribe or inducement
- Report financial information in a complete, accurate, honest and timely manner
- Treat our customers, suppliers and stakeholders as we would want to be treated ourselves
HEALTH & SAFETY
We are committed to providing a working environment which is safe for both our staff and the community in which we work.
- Guarantee that health, safety and well being is the prime consideration in any activity undertaken by PDL
- Ensure our employees are represented and contribute at health and safety meetings
- Promote and maintain policies on health, safety and well being which will ensure best practice and a philosophy of continuous improvement » The company’s safety management procedures are registered to BS ISO18001:2007
- Ensure that all employees are competent and adequately trained » PDL delivers in house training activities accredited to SQA and Construction Skills standards with over 90% of our workforce undertaking learning activities leading to a national qualification
- Measure, review and monitor our performance » We have achieved the RoSPA Gold Award for 9 consecutive years.
Our business activities impact on the environment. Our goal is to seek ways of minimising adverse impacts and look for opportunities to improve our environment through our work.
To enable us to achieve our goal we will:
- Maintain an environmental management system accredited to ISO 14001:2015
- Seek to reduce waste through recycling
- Actively reduce pollution produced during our business processes
We aim to get the highest quality of product, service and value from our supply chain while encouraging our suppliers to abide by the principles of our policy on corporate ethics.
To ensure that this is the case we will:
- Promote strategic partnerships with our major suppliers and subcontractors
- Assess critical suppliers and subcontractors, monitor their performance and provide constructive feedback to encourage optimum performance
- Ensure prompt payment in line with contractual arrangements
We aim to be the first choice for every client, providing excellent service, value for money and continued support in order to help our customers attain their aspirations.
In order to build relationships of trust and confidence we will:
- Maintain quality assurance accreditation to ISO 9001:2015
- Communicate with customers and listen to their views
- Aim to anticipate the future needs of our customers, promoting best practice, innovation and value for money
- Work with our customers to create added value and ‘win-win’ arrangements