Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Framework Manager
Due to an increase in workload particularly within our AMP7 framework agreements we are currently looking to recruit for the following permanent position to work on a wide range of non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects throughout the Yorkshire region
Peter Duffy Limited is a regional civil engineering contractor operating throughout Yorkshire and Humberside. We work with our clients ranging from Private developers, local authorities, water companies and blue chip organisations to deliver first class projects whilst maintaining excellent relationships with our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
This position will be predominantly site based throughout Yorkshire and Humberside.
The successful candidate will lead and be accountable for complex multi-discipline water and wastewater projects, ensuring that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
- Lead by example by visibly promoting the company behaviours of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility and Excellence.
- To plan and coordinate deliver for non-infrastructure water and wastewater projects, ensuring work is completed on time, within budget and to the agreed standard.
- Ensure the implementation of the company Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures
- Undertake regular health and safety tours on site ensuring that the high standard is maintained and improved upon.
- Responsible for the overall construction programmes ensuring they are planned, reviewed and delivered.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects with a value up to £10m.
- Responsible for all commercial activities associated with the project including the delivery of the agreed gross margin, management of cost control and other key commercial and financial matters.
- Build and develop the wider operational team to deliver all aspects of the project/contract requirements.
- Ensure the supply chain is coordinated and resolve any supply chain disputes and driving the programme to ensure success.
- Line management of Site Managers, Site Foreman and Engineers.
- Responsible for effective client relationship management and provides updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
- Chair progress meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions.
- Manage the client relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations.
- Liaise with design team to ensure buildable cost effective solutions are delivered to the required specifications
- Ensure method statements, risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required
- Ensures operating plans are in place to ensure sufficient resources and materials are in place.
Within Peter Duffy Limited, we place a huge emphasis on the values and behaviours of our people. We are driven to attract a diverse range of employees who can work together to deliver projects safe manner exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Preferably Degree/HND/HNC qualified we are looking for engaged and passionate project managers who have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role, delivering projects across the water industry, who can take a lead in ensuring our product is right first time.
You should have a proactive approach to resolving unexpected technical difficulties, with a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to innovate and get the job done.
Desirable training qualifications:
- APM Qualification
- CSCS Card (Managers)
- SMSTS (CITB)
- MS project
- ISOH Managing Safety
- Environmental Management (SEATS)
- CDM Awareness
- NEC Contract
Our behaviours: We look to all our employees to demonstrate key behaviours to align with our vision and values.
Our behaviours are: Respect Integrity Responsibility Excellence
Benefits: As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including:
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Death in service benefit 4 x notional salary
- Income protection scheme
This is an exciting time to be joining our business as we look to deliver some challenging and exciting projects through AMP7 and beyond.
Closing date for applications: May 31, 2022