Job Title: Apprentice Administrator
Reporting to: Office Manager
Who we are: Peter Duffy Limited is a regional civil engineering and utilities services company operating throughout Yorkshire and Humberside. We work with our clients ranging from Private developers, local authorities, water companies and blue chip organisations to deliver first class projects whilst maintaining excellent relationships with our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
Job Description: A key administrative support function to Peter Duffy Ltd as a business. As first point of contact for customers and staff you will be polite and friendly, learning about the business to ensure all queries are directed to relevant departments in a timely manner.
Supporting the Training & HR team in administrative capacity to ensure the continuation of training is upheld. Work towards Level 3 in Business administration .
Reception Duties which include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone
- Taking appropriate messages and transferring calls internally when required.
- Monitoring company emails and ensuring these are passed to the relevant staff.
- Handling incoming and outgoing post, ensuring post is delivered to correct members of staff and outgoing post is sent appropriately.
- Responsibility for ensuring the franking machine is managed and kept in credit.
- Requirement to make online bookings; hotels, office supplies, Amazon and ad hoc ordering if required.
Assisting visitors in the building:
- Ensuring Visitors are signed in correctly and directed to either the appropriate staff member of area of the business.
- Providing hospitality during meetings as and when required.
Assisting Training and HR functions, including but not limited to:
- General training administration
- Booking training providers
- Uploading documents to compliance agencies ( CSCS/CITB)
- Ensuring training records are kept up to date and accurate
- Support Booking the relevant meeting rooms and arranging refreshments when applicable
- Support with Occupational Health administration.
- IT skills
- Good communication skills