Peter Duffy Limited is a successful civil engineering and utility services company working across the UK on new infrastructure development projects and day to day repairs for both industrial and privately for members of the public.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Required to assist in Mechanical Maintenance of plant equipment, Operated and small tools items.
- Competent to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Carrying out mechanical maintenance on gearboxes, motors, bearings, hydraulic & pneumatic.
- Maximising plant efficiency and reducing plant down time.
- Carrying out planned maintenance checks.
- Finding and fixing faults.
- Replacing worn parts and re-setting instrument controls.
- Cleaning machinery.
- Responding to emergency breakdowns on site locations
- Completion of job cards daily.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair of plant & equipment.
- Ensure servicing schedules are developed and followed in accordance with manufacturer’s specification.
- Ensure that the maintenance is up to date.
- Carry out routine safety inspections on plant equipment and issue ‘Ready for hire’ certificates.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Must have own tools.
- Experience carrying out routine and reactive Maintenance.
- Experience working in a heavy-duty manufacturing environment.
- Recognised mechanical qualification (NVQ Level).
- Previous experience in a mechanical environment essential.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation/practices.
- Be aware of safety issues.
- Be aware of Quality and Environmental Management Systems within the company
- Be capable of reporting verbally and in writing.
- Experience with hydraulic systems/components.
- Electrical experience.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good organisational Skills.
- Good Communicator.
- Flexible working.
- Able to work to own regime with no supervision.
Schedule/ Hours of Work /Location
- Monday to Friday 7.00am – 5.00pm, Saturday 7.00am – 12.00pm (2 twice monthly). Based at Head Office Wakefield, with mobile site location within the Yorkshire Area.
- On call fitter 1 in 4 weeks rota (out of hours).
Company van will be provided for work use.
- 5 years minimum.
- Full Driving License.