Job Title: SHEQ Advisor
Reporting to: SHEQ Manager
Job purpose: As a safety, health, environment, and quality (SHEQ) advisor, you will use your knowledge and skills to nurture a positive SHEQ culture within the workplace. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable SHE regulations and quality control both on site and within other work areas.
- Ensuring that SHEQ services are rendered to stakeholders effectively and efficiently.
- Completing and /or assisting others with risk assessments and method statements.
- Completing SHEQ inspections and audits to ensure good standards are maintained.
- Participation in external audits and maintaining SSiP verification and corporate membership data so current.
- Suggesting improvements to working processes and contributing to the development of effective policies, objectives and procedures.
- Thoroughly investigating accidents, incidents and other relevant loss events to establish root cause, producing meaningful reports and retaining/analysing accident/incident records.
- Identifying potential hazards, risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring employees understand SHEQ procedures/requirements.
- Checking equipment is safe / installed safely.
- Compiling statistics for reports and presentations.
- Monitoring remedial / improvement actions and evaluating effectiveness of actions taken.
- Advising and training employees on best working practices and new processes. Contributing to training needs analysis.
- Liaising with enforcing authority inspectors and employee representatives.
- Keeping abreast of applicable legislation.
- Producing meaningful reports, newsletters, toolbox talks and bulletins.
- Providing knowledgeable advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire safety, hazardous substances, noise, HAVS etc. relevant to site operations and other applicable work areas.
- Participating in SHEQ meetings at various levels (internal and external).
- Delivering SHEQ induction training.
- Assisting with PQQ / bid responses.
- Ensuring continual professional development and proactive participation in own performance review.
- Undertaking any other duties as might be reasonably requested to complete.
- Working legal knowledge relevant to construction operations; particularly safety related.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to use own initiative and problem solve.
- Collaborator / team player / influencer but also able to work alone.
- Persistence and determination.
- Construction / utility / highways experience, particularly in respect of health and safety.
- Willing to learn, adapt and develop.
- Established communicator at all levels.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 / NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Minimum Tech IOSH
- Working knowledge of ISO management standards, particularly ISO 18001/45001.
- Environmentally / quality aware, and willing to expand knowledge in these areas.
- Good MS skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexible proactive approach but with ability to react effectively where necessary.
- Able to manage own time.
- Full and clean driving licence.
Please also see our: SHEQ Advisor Person Specification
If you can match our expectations, we want to hear from you.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining how you would meet the role requirements to:
Post: Connaught House, Park View, Lofthouse Gate, Wakefield, WF3 3HAClosing date for applications: May 1, 2021