Job Title: Site Agent
Reporting to: Projects Director
Job purpose: Due to an increase in workload particularly within our AMP7 framework agreements we are currently looking to recruit for the following permanent position to work on a wide range of non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects throughout the Yorkshire region
Peter Duffy Limited is a regional civil engineering contractor operating throughout Yorkshire and Humberside. We work with our clients ranging from Private developers, local authorities, water companies and blue chip organisations to deliver first class projects whilst maintaining excellent relationships with our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
Job Description: The successful candidate will lead and be accountable for successful delivery of water and wastewater projects, ensuring that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
- Always work safely and conscientiously in accordance with company health, safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the pre construction stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints. Ensure tasks are carried out to a high standard of workmanship
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards. Ensure all Inspection and test plans are completed.
- Plan future work activities with the Project Manager/Contracts Manager, updating programme of works in line with the requirements under the contract. Completing two weekly programmes for the project.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site.
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor to develop and monitor the Cost Tracker and Monitor to allow the Cost/Value review to be carried out on a monthly basis, attend CVR meetings as required.
- Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Lead by example to others on site and implement best practice procedures within the team
- Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Fulfil the role of temporary works co-ordinator on the project.
- Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Ensure our people work to the company values and respect the public and their surroundings
- Challenge equipment utilisation to drive down costs
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged, on target in line with the master programme.
- Organise and chair weekly/fortnightly site meetings
- Carry out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001and ISO 14001.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of company returns (i.e. toolbox talks / HAVs returns / PUWER / LOLER)
Within Peter Duffy Limited, we place a huge emphasis on the values and behaviours of our people. We are driven to attract a diverse range of employees who can work together to deliver projects safe manner exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Preferably Degree/HND/HNC qualified we are looking for an engaged and passionate Site Agents who have a minimum of three years proven experience in a similar role delivering projects across the water industry, who can take a lead in ensuring our product is right first time. You should have a proactive approach to resolving unexpected technical difficulties, with a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to innovate and get the job done.
- CSCS Card (Managers)
- SMSTS (CITB)
- Confined Spaces
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Crane/Lift Supervisor
- MS project
- Environmental Management (SEATS)
- CDM Awareness
- NEC Contract
Our behaviours: We look to all our employees to demonstrate key behaviours to align with our vision and values.
Our behaviours are: Respect Integrity Responsibility Excellence
Benefits: As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including:
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Death in service benefit 4 x notional salary
- Income protection scheme
This is an exciting time to be joining our business as we look to deliver some challenging and exciting projects through AMP7 and beyond.
Closing date for applications: May 31, 2022