Work has recently commenced on site at Oughtibridge, North Sheffield.
We have been appointed Principal Contractor and Principal Designer to design and build the initial phase of infrastructure at the Old Paper Mill in Oughtibridge, for our repeat client Commercial Estates Group.
The main elements of the works include a 200m long adoptable access road and a 30m single span adoptable road bridge over the River Don. On completion, the works will improve access to the 110 acre site allowing development works to proceed and opening up this beautiful waterside and woodland setting, enabling public access for the first time to new trails, walks and a cycling route.
The full scope includes
- Construction of 200m highway under S38 agreement
- Junction improvement works under S278 agreement
- Installation of utilities
- Construction of 30m single span bridge over River Don
- Scour protection works
- Demolition and removal of existing steel girder bridge
- Maintain access to existing land users – Yorkshire water and Forestry Commission.