The client Newcold BV and their project managers B-Built BV appointed Peter Duffy Limited to carry out the foundation, drainage and external works on a new cold store, when completed will have capacity to hold 72000 pallets.
Main Description of Works:
- Foundations: Installation and removal of piling mat, cropping of 1100 piles to correct level, formwork, reinforcement and concrete to pile caps and ground beams.
- Drainage: Installation of outfall structures, open cut drainage, petrol interceptors and aco slot drainage to hardstandings and carparks.
- Ducting and Service Trenches: excavation of service trenches for incoming utilities around the site, the installation of service ducts for the external lighting and CCTV with associated chambers.
- Kerbing: Laying of kerbs to footways, roadways and service yards.
- Service yards: preparation of the formation and the placing of 7200m2 of concrete surface yard.
- Access Road and Carparks: forming of access roads and car parks including surfacing and road markings.
- Access barriers: procurement and installation of security barriers and access gates.