Bishopdyke Enterprises are to develop a 75 acre site at Sherburn in Elmet near Leeds. The site is currently land locked bounded by an existing industrial park, a major Environment Agency watercourse known as Bishopdyke and a local airfield used by private individuals.
Following successful tender negotiations Peter Duffy Limited were awarded the design and build contract to provide the initial phase of infrastructure and enabling works to ready the site for development, to meet the clients requirements, under a S278 and S38 agreement our scope of works included:
- Widening of the existing B1222 to provide a right hand turn lane into the development site, included;
- Traffic management.
- Earthworks, kerbing and drainage.
- Utility installations on to the site.
- Street lighting.
- Vehicle barrier.
- Surfacing works.
- Construction of a road bridge over Bishopdyke which included;
- CFA piled foundations.
- Diversion of and maintaining flows in Bishopdyke.
- Extensive temporary works within Bishopdyke.
- Improvements to A63/A162 roundabout.
- Extensive traffic management including liaison with Highways England for diversion routes.
- Widening of the roundabout approaches.
- Utility Diversions.
- Installation of street lighting.
- Resurfacing to the roundabout and the approaches.
- Improve connectivity between the development site and its surrounds.
- Improvements to existing footways.
- Upgrading of footways to incorporate cycle paths.
- Construction of new cycle paths.
The contract called for full project management services including:
- Application to the highway authority for Approval in Principle, Final Design Approval and Sign off of the proposed works.
- Applications to the Environment Agency for the diversion of Bishopdyke, and both permanent and temporary consents for carrying out the works.
- Discharge of any planning consents required to complete the works.
- Liaison with local business, residents, councillors and highway authority.